Beep was tagged by Silly Humans, another excellent blog, by the way, but I thought I'd join in.
I think this one has the potential to be quite interesting.
Beep's post is here.
Silly Humans post is here.
The "meme" (someone come up with a different word, please. In-joke is good. Fad is better) goes a little bit like this:
- The rules:-
- Find the nearest book.-
- Name the book and the author.-
- Turn to page 123.-
- Go to the fifth sentence on the page.-
- Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.-
- Tag three more folks.
So how did I do?
Well, the book I had nearest me is one called "One No, Many Yeses" by a guy named Paul Kingsnorth.
"Not alone in their outrage or their resistance. Not alone in the growing realisation that economic, not just political independence is something to be fought for. That fight has begun, and it doesn't look like stopping any time soon."
I'm glad it stops there:
- A - one more sentence and we would have got to the end of the chapter.
- B - do you know how frightfully embarrassing it is for a small-a anarcho-capitalist to be quoting an anti-globalisation book?
Anyway, I'm tagging Adam, Einzige and Ted Plonka, next.
Have fun, y'all.
UPDATE: Well, I can't tag Einzige just yet. For some reason, those of us in the "New Blogger" (it's a Beta no longer) can't post comments at those in the "Old Blogger" unless we go anonymous. Thanks Google.