06 June 2006

Six! Six! Six! The Number Of The Beast!


"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

Thank you, Iron Maiden. Thanks a lot.

Thanks to you I have had this little ditty rampaging around my head all day.

I have not been able to turn around all day without hearing a voice in my head, that of Bruce "The Human Air-Raid Siren" Dickinson screaming out:

"Six! Six! Six! The number of the beast!
Hell and fire were spawned to be released!"

I thought that I was immune to the whole 06/06/2006 thing, but it would appear that I'm not.

And Maiden, your triple-pronged guitar attack is squarely to blame.

IRON MAIDEN LYRICS - The Number Of The Beast (1982)

2 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

Ahhh. I wondered who was going to post a comment about the 666 thing. Let's not forget that it is actually 06062006, as we should never let facts get in the way of a good story. lol

I read an article not so long ago that stated that the 666 has been devalued to 616. Apparently, an older scrap of parchment has been found which lists the beasts number as 616.

I won't tell Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden if you don't. And what about all those rock stars who paid a fortune to get a 666 tattoo?

You just can't get good information these days. ;)

Newly examined Scripture fragment lends credence to argument it's 616
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44169

Dikkii said...

Hi Beep,

Yes, that is interesting. Very interesting.

When I read that 616 (and not 666) had been found, I laughed so hard.

Then I said to myself, "I wonder how long it is before a Vatican spokesman announces that this is clearly not the word of God?"

I have to laugh. Having said that, they've been strangely quiet about this.

I don't think the number 616 is not nearly as visually eye-catching as 666.

Also, I can't imagine Iron Maiden changing the chorus to:

"Six! One! Six! The number of the beast!"

But still, it's immensely amusing.

Has anyone pointed out that it's DCLXVI in Roman numerals yet?

That is, one of all "numerals" except for M.